Slow Cooked Turkey Breast With Wine Gravy
April 26, 2017
Slow cooked chicken is always moist and full of flavor. The wine gravy complements the chicken's flavor, and is best made with drinking wine, not cooking wine.
- 1 cup White wine - Pinot Gris
- 1 Apple
- 1/3 cup Chopped celery
- 3 Cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup Sliced fennel bulbs
- 1/3 cup Chopped carrots
- 1 tsp Ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Dried crushed rosemary
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sage
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 3 lbs Turkey breast roast - thawed
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsps Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Cream
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the wine, celery, fennel, apple, bay leaf, carrot, mustard, and garlic. Combine the rosemary, thyme, sage and pepper in a bowl, then spread it over turkey breast.
- Put turkey into the slow cooker. Cover tight and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is cooked through and tender.
- Serving the turkey breast on a nice platter, cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
- To start the gravy strain the liquid from the slow cooker into a bowl.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the strained liquid. Skim any fat on the top.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cream, then stir until smooth. Gradually add the 1 cup of strained liquid. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir gravy for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 8 servings. *photo credit: tasteofhome.com
Enjoy with a glass from the Three Sisters Pinot Gris wine you used in the recipe.