Beef Bourguignon With Red Wine
April 26, 2017
Tender beef in a delicious red wine sauce.
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 lbs Cubed stew beef
- 4 tbsps Butter
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2 Chopped carrots
- 1 Clove garlic, pressed
- 2 cups Red wine - Pinot Noir
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 tbsps Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 Canned mushroom crowns (6 oz)
- 1 Canned onions (16 oz)
- Combine the flour, salt and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Add the beef cubes into this mixture and coat.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coated meat and brown well on all sides, about 5 minutes. Put the browned meat into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the onion, carrots and garlic to it. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onions are tender. Now add the wine, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, and only the liquid from the canned mushrooms. Pour it all onto the meat in the casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours. Remove cover, add the canned onions and canned mushroom crowns, and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Can serve over cooked spiral pasta or mashed potatoes.
Enjoy with a glass of Three Sisters Pinot Noir.