Mango and Spicy Shrimp Salad
November 1, 2015
This Mango and Spicy Shrimp Salad recipe is a favourite from The Best of Bridge, A Year of The Best. We made a few changes along the way.
- 2 tbsps White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 3 tbsps Roughly Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 tbsp Roughly Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Liquid Honey
- 1 Minced Garlic Clove
- 3 Mangoes
- 1 Lime
- 1 Medium Jicama
- 1/4 English Cucumber
- 20 Large, un-cooked Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Package of Mixed Lettuce (your preference)
Here we go!
Honey-chive salad dressing
- Mix vinegar and lemon juice and gradually whisk in canola oil until nicely mixed together. Add remaining dressing ingredients, shake well and keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
Shrimp and Vegetables
- Peel and slice mango, squeezing lime juice and toss together. Peel and slice jicama and cucumber into strips. Heat a frying pan with olive oil while coating the shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Pan fry the shrimp until just pink.
- Divide lettuce among 6 plates. Arrange Mangos, jicama and cucumber on lettuce. Drizzle with dressing and place shrimp on top.
Enjoy with a glass of Three Sisters Pinot Gris :)