Wine and Strawberry Sorbet
April 26, 2017
This grownup sorbet is sweet and refreshing on a hot summer day. It tastes like you are enjoying fresh summer strawberries.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 lbs Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 cup White Wine - Pinot Gris
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small pot. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Put all the remaining ingredients, White wine - Pinot Gris, strawberries, honey, and lemon juice in a food processor, include the sugar syrup you made. Cover and process for 1 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into a strainer to get rid of seeds and pulp.
- Transfer puree to a 13-in. x 9-in. freezable dish. Freeze for 2 hour or until hard.
- When you are ready to serve, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into small cup and serve. Yield: 1 quart. *Photo credit tasteofhome.com